Landscaping Can Make A Difference
And just like that, winter is behind us. Spring is here, and I’m guessing that you are as excited as we are to get outside, dust off that lawnmower, head down to your local nursery or contact a landscaping service and start preparing your home for the months ahead. So let’s talk curb appeal. Curb appeal is the attractiveness of a property for sale and it’s surroundings when viewed from the street. Curb appeal should be important to all homeowners, not just the ones looking to sell their homes.
Whether you’re in the market to buy, sell, or update your home to add value, landscaping can make a difference on how the purchaser feels about the property or for the seller and how prospective buyers view your property or just to update your property to add some value. Here we have compiled a helpful list of tips on landscaping to prepare your home for the spring and summer months that lay ahead and to add some curb appeal and value to your property.
Proper preparation and research is the key to executing a professional looking landscaping job. Here are 5 things to consider before starting a landscaping project.
- level of maintenance
- consulting with professionals
- match landscape to your home style
- design with a strategy in mind
A big part of the decision to landscape would be budget. How much you spend will depend on your timeline for your home. Are you planning on selling, sprucing up your curb appeal, or trying to add some value? For higher budgets, considering consulting a professional landscaper could be a good route to go. They have all the tools and right ideas to put you in the right direction to match your landscape to your home style. Is your home Traditional or Modern? A landscaper would be able to help you with a design that would fit your homestyle.
They will also help you to design with a strategy in mind. The level of maintenance is also something to consider, will you be available to keep up with the upkeep or can you hire a professional to take care of the work.
Here is a list of landscaping ideas to fit all budgets:
- Adding potted and planted flowering annuals near the front door. This is a good way to spruce up your front entryway for a warm and inviting experience and look.
- Planting annuals, perennials to add a splash of color to the garden beds, also adding mulch can make them look clean and tidy.
- Try planting shrubbery and trees. This is a great way to add dimension to your property and privacy
- Weeding and pruning is a quick and inexpensive fix to clean up the grass, garden beds, trees and shrubbery
- Edging your lawn, keeping it at the right height, and keeping it well watered makes a huge difference
- Painting the front door is a quick and inexpensive fix
- Installing new house numbers can make a difference.
- Hide your AC unit by planting shrubbery around it or building a box around it for a cleaner look to your home
- Build a stone pathway
- Installing a water feature
A positive first impression of a home can mean the difference between a buyer driving by or stopping to take a closer look, and improving whatever is visual from the street can make a huge difference for your curb appeal. If nothing at all, few things look nicer than a healthy, vibrant well-maintained lawn. So get out those lawnmowers and sprinklers and start your landscaping today.